2013 Illinois Legislative Latino Caucus Foundation
The Illinois Legislative Latino Caucus Foundation (ILLCF) was established as a strong voice and resource for the Illinois Latino population and for those that work and live within Latino communities statewide.The ILLCF is now celebrating its tenth anniversary.Through its annual statewide conference and the ILLCF Public Policy Institute, the foundation seeks to empower Latinos to confront critical issues affecting their communities and to increase access to federal, state and community programs in such areas as employment, education, community and social services, health care, and housing.
Each year, the members of the ILLCF select deserving young people of good character and high academic achievement to receive Foundation scholarships to help them achieve their educational objectives.This year, the $2,000 scholarships will be granted to undergraduate college students whose home residence is in Illinois and who are currently attending Illinois colleges or universities.An application form is attached and it can also be downloaded from the ILLCF web-site (www.illcf.org).Scholarships will be awarded on November 22, 2013, during the ILLCF scholarship luncheon at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois.
Scholarship guidelines are the following:
* The applicant must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student during the fall term of 2013 or the spring term of 2014 at an accredited community college or four-year college or university in Illinois;
* The applicant must be of Latino ancestry;
* The application form must be filled out completely and typed, including a personal statement describing how the scholarship award will help the recipient achieve his or her educational and career goals;
* A letter of recommendation written by the student's primary academic advisor or major professor must accompany the application;
* Scholarship money must be used in the same academic year as it is granted; and
* Previous winners of an ILLCF scholarship are not eligible to apply again.
The entire application (including the letter of recommendation) must be must be received by October 18, 2013. Mail completed applications to:
Illinois Legislative Latino Caucus Foundation Scholarships
c/o Jesse H. Ruiz
191 North Wacker Drive, Suite 3700
Chicago, IL 60606-1698
IMPORTANT: DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL THE APPLICATION
For further information about the ILLCF Scholarship Program, contact the office of Jesse H. Ruiz at email@example.com.Please allow 48 to 72 hours for response.